Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Romanian Orphans

One thing I am passionate about is the beauty in every person. I think that everyone has enough power in them to impact the world – whether by dominating others or serving with their whole soul. I believe that the “worth of souls is great in the sight of God” (Doctrine and Covenants 18: 10). I know that the homeless are as intelligent as doctors with PHDs. I know that the lepers are as caring as a revered priest. I know that what everyone has in common is their worth. I just wish everyone can see the gem inside of them.

I wish that I could show each person their potential and how much they are loved. I want to show the orphans in Romania how to play. I want to show each of them sunlight. I want to show them how to laugh. I want to feel their loving arms. I want to see them smile. I want to see them grow. I want them to know true happiness.

I think that is why I want to serve a mission so badly for my church. I just want everyone to know how much they are loved and that there is true joy in this corrupt world. I want everyone to get a glimpse of what Heavenly Father sees in them. I want to share this love to everyone. I know that the happiness I feel comes from my church and being a Mormon. I cannot wait to serve a mission in a year and tell people about Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

The Hoosier said...

I am glad you've come to this view of our brothers and sisters. Each of them is just as important to our Heavenly Father and our Savior as you or I. It is definitely difficult for many who have had few advantages to see this worth, though.

For that, you are to be commended for being so willing to do what you can to lift up the eyes of those who are downtrodden. Not only are you excited to spend a year and a half in the full-time service of the Master by serving others, you are going to make a special trip to Romania, a country still trying to find itself after the fall of communism.

I wish you the best as you reach out to others. Jesus is smiling.