Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saudi Arabian Open House

We went to a Saudi Arabia Open House with little expectations going into it and it turned out to be AMAZING! It lasted for a few hours because they had a keynote speaker, translator, promotional video of the country, traditional clothing fashion show of the different regions, typical music and dance concert, and a mock wedding.

That alone was pretty cool, but then we followed the "wedding party procession" into another huge room that looked like the ballroom from Sound of Music where they had displays/Saudi treats/booths/henna tattoos, etc.

THEN, it ended with a huge, catered banquet in the ballroom (shown in the pictures of Adam and I before the hall was decorated) from the best middle eastern food in Pittsburgh. It was so good and so cool! There were hundreds of Saudi people there...and then Adam and I. We totally stuck out.







3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really think that you guys are the funnest couple ever. If we had multiple lives I think I would like to come back as one of your children :-).

Kim said...

I just wish Stanton could see your blog! I am sure he would LOVE to tease you about which people and cultures you affiliate with the most! Honestly, it is fantastic that you and Adam are taking advantage of all that is around you and loving Pittsburgh!

Jenni & Stanton said...

For some reason it doesn't surprise me one bit that you and Adam went to a Saudi Arabian open house. You guys just make me so happy! That is so fun to be in a whole new place though and have so much to discover and have cool adventures. I'm a tad bit jealous!