Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Stanton and Jenni's Wedding

Over a month ago we were able to fly down to AZ for my younger brother's wedding. We were really grateful scheduling worked out with Adam's schooling and Brigham's doc appts. We weren't about to miss the wedding. Let me just say it was amazing to see my brother get married to his high school sweetheart! Jenni is fantastic and I almost feel relief now that they are married - you know - relief that Jenni is finally officially part of our fam - she has felt like a sister for quite a while. Of course the wedding was beautiful and they were such a happy, gracious couple. Here are some highlight photos that cousins and siblings took:

These are all my first cousins. We are lucky to have spent so much time together growing up because now we are close. Oh, we didn't realize they were taking this picture so Adam, Brigham and I were in the temple waiting room. oops.

The luncheon

It's nice to get a pic of Dad actually  smiling. I love this one.
Brigham was the biggest trooper during the reception. He had never been around more than about 7 people at the same time in his life, but he handled meeting all our friends and family from AZ like a champ. Doesn't he look adorable adjusting his bow tie?

Garret and I were talking about what a rewarding moment this must have been for my mom to dance with Stanton on the day he was married.
Yay! What would a wedding be without the four of us together.


Like I said before, it was so great to be able to go down to AZ. I'm grateful Brigham's docs let me schedule his appts around the wedding so Brigham could meet his Shields aunts and uncles. It was rewarding to see them love him and interact with Brigham. 

Brigham just loved 'talking' to Carson. He would just go back and forth with him forever.


Stanton discovered (on his own) that babies like vibration so he would always talk in base range while holding Brigham. The day before I left I showed Stanton one of Brigham's vibrating zebra toys and he felt so validated.

This was a great moment. The day after the wedding both sides of our fam came over to our house and we all reminisced watching a video we made for my dad's 40th bday.

I'm so glad the Roush's were able to fly/drive in for the wedding. It has been a while since we've seen them.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you, Adam, and Brigham got to go to the wedding! Stanton and wifey look great, congrats to them :)

Jenni & Stanton said...

I Love this post! My favorite picture is by far the cute picture of Brigham with his tie at our wedding! He is so cute! I'm so glad you guys got to come and we finally got to meet and play with your handsome little guy! Can't wait to see you again soon. Love you!