Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Garden Tomb


Today after church our entire group went to the Garden Tomb. This, by far, is the greatest thing we have done thus far. The Spirit is strong. Christ is risen.
It was better than I thought it could be. We had time to walk around, see the gardens, the wine press, the stones. A group was reading the account of his last days and resurrection. Another group was singing hymns. I just sat there writing in my journal soaking up the whole experience. I’m not going to lie, tears openly fell. And by “openly fell” I mean I could not contain the feeling of joy and love and truth. I wish you all could have been there!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Candace, that is so cool! I'm glad you're getting to see all of these things!

Kim said...

Thank you! THank you for the pictures and comments. We are so excited to see you and to feel a little bit of your experience through your pictures and words. WHat an awesome place!

Stephanie said...

That would be the sight I would be the most excited to see. That's so neat! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.