Friday, May 8, 2009

Porcelain Hole


I hope this makes you laugh.
There was a small group of us that did the “Ramparts Walk” one free day. It is a walk along the top of the entire outer wall of the city. Really cool. You can get on and off the wall a number of times on the tour as long as you keep your ticket. (kind of reminds me of those double decker blue tour buses in NYC)

Well, three of us got off the wall to go to Aladdin’s to exchange money and when we got back to finish our tour, we couldn’t find the stairs to get back up. After a few minutes, we found a set of stairs that we ran up only to find a women’s restroom. Perfect! I had to use the restroom. So I ran in, opened the stall, and found a porcelain hole in the ground. Was not expecting that. I laughed so hard and made this boy come in an take a picture of me next to it just for mother and Tara. Doesn’t that just bring back memories of NYC? Love you guys

7 comments:

Amanda said...

haha that did make me laugh! I was thinking about NY the whole time too. We'll definitely have to add this to our book:)

Kayla said...

I can't wait to hear your reaction to the ones you find traveling in Egypt. They're so much more... interesting... :)

Candace said...

oooo please, let's add this to our book. maybe an appendix at the end. or preview for next book. Bathrooms across the world...

Candace said...

good! I can't wait to see what Egyptian bathrooms bring.adventures all around

Kim said...

Hooray! We were hoping we'd see some of those shots! You still are our favorite bathroom model. Tara has tried, but I think it takes a special person :-)

Stephanie said...

HaHaHaHaHa!! Fun memories...

Kim said...

eewww! thats disgusting!
-Tara